Old June 22nd 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Using an old RT385A as a base station.

Avery Wagg wrote:
I have an old Arc RT-385A from my Cessan 152 sitting in the closet that I'd
like to turn into a basestation. Mostly so I can listen to airplanes going
by overhead.

Does anyone know of an electronics kit I can buy (or make), that could
provide the 28v power, a headset jack and a PTT switch?

I've already built the vertical dipole antenna and I know what kind of
outside cabling I'd need to make it work. I'm also pretty sure I can get a
base station radio license - before I start yaking away..

Avery Wagg, C152: C-GPOO

try