Old February 11th 21, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Drag of Transponder Antennae compared

On Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 5:47:39 PM UTC-5, Bob Hills wrote:
Thinking totally outside the box here and open to ridicule :).....

Blade antennas are similar in shape and size to a winglet. Why not incorporate the antenna in that? I know it would mean an electrical connection from tip to fuselage but that is not insurmountable.

Just a thought for someone to expound upon.

Bob 7U

I still say on many performance threads on RAS...the nut behind the stick is worth more than the money spent on the ship....unless normally at the top of the sheet....