Old July 15th 03, 04:37 PM
John Thompson

I was going to build a 2 place 701, but thought about the 801 when they
released it on plans as well as kits. Themajor problems with the 801
(imho, this is for my "mission profile", a family plane with decent
cruise) is that its cruise speed is well below what you require, and
while it has a 1000# of useful load, its baggage space is not much
bigger than a couple of suitcases.

OTOH, the design I decided to go with, the Bearhawk, 4 place, good
cruise, and lots of baggage space and useful load, and buildable from
plans as well as a kit, meets my needs (and yours) perfectly.

John