Old February 5th 11, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc

Default ASW20 or LS6

On Feb 5, 2:10*pm, David Smith wrote:
In short if you are a switched on pilot with not many bucks you will love
the ASW 20 and accept its vices. If you value the extra refinement and can
pay double the bucks the LS6C is a damn good choice. Enjoy either for your
own pleasure and goals, neither will make you world champion,

I'm going to faintly disagree with you here, and say that the vices
had been pretty much worked out by the time the 20B and C went into
production, I've never heard of anyone having problems with either.
The 20 is a mixed bag, some (perhaps most) are apparently fine if set
up with non-aggressive CG, others seem to have issues with stall/spin
characteristics no matter how they are set up. The higher prices
commanded by the B and C models likewise reflect that extra
refinement...

Marc