Old November 10th 14, 08:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Default OLC CAMP AT MORIARTY, NM, JUNE 1 TO JUNE 15, 2014

On Sunday, November 9, 2014 8:51:55 PM UTC-8, Steve Leonard wrote:
so please, back down on your threats of legal action because you feel that flight without FLARM is dangerous.

My apology Steve on the legal thing.

I would never personally threaten legal action - nor would I have any cause for action based on Flarm policy. That would be silly. I don't think that's what I said but I am sorry for any misunderstanding.

I was simply reflecting what actually happens when there is an incident. The lawyers simply don't care if the odds of collision were 200:1 at one site versus 100:1 at another.

Moriarty is not to my knowledge any less safe a flying environment then Nephi or any other soaring site. Again, that was not my point and people should not choose to participate in an XC/OLC camp or contest based on location.

It is the numbers of gliders flying together that should give people pause as to whether they ought to carry Flarm. Since most active pilots at these types of events now carry Flarm, it is whether to carry Flarm that it the choice pilots face rather then whether to attend or not.

Hope that is helpful - New Mexico is one of my favorite venues for big cross-country flying. Everyone should go. I'll even provide the Flarm.

9B