Old August 18th 03, 11:28 PM
Mark James Boyd

One of my favorite things to do with my commercial students is
to get them to get their ground instructor AGI and IGI at the
same time as the commercial. It's some money for all those tests,
but it certainly puts them in a great position, and makes the
CFI less daunting later. Plus, a really great CFI and AGI team can
probably service more students if they cooperate well...

If you have good teachers in your club, but they're not
sure about the risks of CFI stuff, or the checkride is
too much, maybe get them in as an AGI.

I noticed a Seattle glider club that pays for the CFI up to
$500 for the promise of work later. Perhaps they'd also
front $120 for the two tests for the AGI instead (for less
eager instructor wannabes)?