Old November 12th 04, 10:51 PM
C Kingsbury

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
om...

A good CEO can make or break a company

And there's been no lack of "breaking" going on in the airline biz lately.
It's been over 20 years since deregulation, they can't keep using that
excuse. The airlines are where they are today because of management building
companies with high cost structures. Many of those managers are still there.

Free market economics works amazingly well if we just let it be free.

I think you're a little naive about the way business really works at the
level of a company like Delta. CEO pay has been increasing dramatically
across the board not just for companies that have done well, but at those
that haven't. So much so that even the institutions are starting to show
signs of concern. These same wonderful institutional investors who, by the
way, were making billions flipping IPOs and market-timing your mutual funds.
They're all a bunch of crooks and it pains me to say it because I think the
only thing worse than capitalism is everything else. But we've failed lately
in policing the fraud and as a result it's spread far and wide. Somebody
please explain to me why Martha Stewart is in jail and Ken Lay isn't.