Old October 11th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Default Record Highs/Record Lows

Why in God's name you people live in such places is beyond me.

Sure it gets hot around here in the summer but we only see weather like that
in the coldest parts of the winter.

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
27 predicted for a low tonight and tomorrow night with a high of 38 for
tomorrow... snow, sleet, and rain headed our way... yuck. Icing
conditions. I miss summer already!

Jim

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
Last week we set a new record high here in Iowa City, of (I think) 93
degrees.

Tonight they are predicting record lows in the low 20s -- a swing of 70
degrees in a week. Prior to the arrival of those temperatures,
they're calling for wind gusts to 50 mph.

We've gone from flying -- and sweating -- with all the vents open, to
plugging in the engine oil heater and putting together our winter
survival kit. We may be shovelling snow before we have to rake the
leaves!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA