Old May 8th 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gene Seibel

Default weather for pilots?

On May 6, 11:57*pm, Qzectb wrote:
Are there readers in this newsgroup who have a strong interest in
weather as it relates to aviation? *I don't mean just the stuff you
need to get from point A to B safely or to pass your written but
deeper knowledge -- where and why does icing occur? *The physics of
thunderstorms? *Turbulence? * Fog and clouds? *How are aviation
forecasts prepared? *What is the technology behind automated weather
observations? *And how about the meteorological research aircraft that
penetrate hurricanes?

In a nutshell, I'm trying to gauge the potential interest in a book
that would satisfy the curiosity of the more scientifically minded
pilot. *Does such a book already exist?

I'm both a pilot and a professor of meteorology, and I have already
written a couple of successful college textbooks. *I've been thinking
about the above book as my next possible project, but would only
bother if I had a sense that there was real interest.

Check out what's being done in video at http://www.convectionconnection.net/
--
Gene Seibel
Tales of Flight - http://pad39a.com/gene/tales.html