Old May 10th 08, 02:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Travis Marlatte

Default Jeppesen skybound

For me, it seems like it just takes time. Don't plug the skybound adapter in
until the application is running. Then wait while the app finds and
recognizes the adapter and card. It seems that if the adapter/card is
recognized as a standard USB storage device first, it takes longer for the
app to figure things out. Sometimes I have to try the download twice but
never more than that.

--
-------------------------------
Travis
"Scott Moore" wrote in message
Has anyone managed to figgure out a fix for this dog?

In order to get a GPS card programmed using the Jeppesen
Skybondage adapter, I have to restart the application
over and over, it is continually deciding that the
card in the unit has 0 (zero) memory. It even tests
green using the applications "test card", then fails,
and then fails the test after that.

I was able to lessen the effect by plugging it directly
into a slot on the back of the computer. However, it
is still there and still annoying. It takes about 2-3
times on average of restarting and replugging everything
to get it to work.

Thanks.