Old October 28th 09, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

Default FAA throws pilots under the Airbus

"Frank Camper" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 17:24:25 -0500, Jim Logajan wrote:

FAA doesn't bother with suspension - goes straight for the revocation:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/28/us/28plane.html

Pretty harsh for pilots who don't appear to have had any other blemish on
their lengthy records.

Revocation would seem to be appropriate for actions that are deliberately
reckless or are likely to be repeated. This wasn't deliberate and would
certainly not be repeated by these pilots.

They discussed illegal/questionable activities and realized the cockpit
is miked. Spent the remainder of time looking for the erase button then
remembering the 30 minute loop. This is fact.
--
Live To Spend It

I am just as curious, intellectually, about the true facts of this case is
the next otherwise dissinterested party and have jumped to more than enough
conclusions in the past to leave me more than willing to sit this one out;
but I can assure you that those two ATP rated pilots did not fly around
looking for an "erase" button. The actual control that accomplishes the
result has been the same for many years; so please be so kind as to supply
the few curious souls amoung us with a more usefull fact.

Thanks in advance.