Old October 29th 09, 09:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
D Ramapriya

Default FAA throws pilots under the Airbus

On 28 Oct, 15:55, VOR-DME wrote:

I share the belief that the FAA action was hasty. I am not suggesting
leniency, but a suspension for the time it takes to complete an
investigation, then certificate action based on and proportional to the
results of that investigation would be a much more suitable position for the
regulatory authority.

Good post. That said, I don't believe that FAA would've taken the
action that they have without conducting an investigation. In the
instant case, to establish prima facie culpability wouldn't have taken
too long, given that the aircraft and pilots were found intact.

Ramapriya