Old March 8th 13, 04:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

Default great flight! 1500 KM in a 304CZ

On Thursday, March 7, 2013 1:44:30 PM UTC-8, Tony wrote:
On Thursday, March 7, 2013 3:30:29 PM UTC-6, Tim Mara wrote:

got this messge from one of my customers and a HpH 304CZ owner (his 2nd of these gliders) Congratulations on a great flight! tim Good morning Tim, I was able to do a 1,501 (933sm) flight yesterday in N304BU. What a great glider! I was very comfortable for the entire 11 hours. Would have flown longer, but I ran out of daylight. Randy http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...l?dsId=2834892

yep, an awesome flight. Once again, Randy shows us the full potential available at the only ridge/wave soaring site in the central US. He's been going to Talihina for about 6 years now and every trip adds to the knowledge base for how to make long distance flights there. Plenty more to learn though, I'm hoping to get one more trip down there this winter.

Nice flight but only 861km according to OLC. I don't see anything close to 1500km... What am I missing?

Ramy