Old August 13th 08, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Henryk Birecki

Default EW Recorder

You can do a google search on "ewtoigc" and see if it suits your
needs.
Henryk Birecki

Douglas Logan wrote:

I have inherited an EW Avionics D type recorder with the glider I am now
flying. But over the last few months even though I have taken it flying
with me quite a few times and it seems to work OK. I have used the EW
uploader to save the traces so I know the cable connection works, but I
have never actually been able to read the resulting data from a computer

I understand (and I find this rather disappointing) you have to buy
additional software over and above what you first paid to make full use of
the recorder itself.

There is however a simple MS-DOS programme that you can use instead. But
every time I try to connect up I get the message ‘put it in PRT mode by
pressing the PRT key’.

Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong or have I missed something
here