Old August 13th 08, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_4_]

Default EW Recorder

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 20:55:10 +0000, Douglas Logan wrote:

I have inherited an EW Avionics D type recorder with the glider I am now
flying. But over the last few months even though I have taken it flying
with me quite a few times and it seems to work OK. I have used the EW
uploader to save the traces so I know the cable connection works, but I
have never actually been able to read the resulting data from a computer

I understand (and I find this rather disappointing) you have to buy
additional software over and above what you first paid to make full use
of the recorder itself.

As others have said, the Windows downloader is available for free from
EW Avionics http://www.ewavionics.com. It can be used to set the clock
in the model D, change the sampling rate, etc. as well as downloading
logs and clearing the logger's memory. Once the logfile has been
downloaded and saved to disk the logger's job is done.

What, if any, program you choose to use after that is up to you:

- your web browser (Opera or Firefox are better than IE and both are
free) is sufficient to post the flight to the BGA league table or OLC.

- at a contest the organisers should have the software they require to
download the log and score the flight.

- if you want to view the trace and analyse your flight you'll have to
get hold of a suitable program, e.g. GPLIGC (Open Source) or SeeYou
(commercial).

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK