Old July 23rd 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Graeme Cant

Default Cobra Cosmetics II: How to Refinish?

Chris Reed wrote:
I think the problem with shingles (or the UK equivalent) is finding
nails which will hold up to trailering along farm tracks. Would the
modern equivalent of corrugated iron roofing be better?

The modern equivalent of corrugated iron is ...corrugated iron. It's a
traditional cladding material in Oz (not just roofing) and is used for
almost everything once you leave the cities.

I've seen a number of glider trailers clad in it and it seems quite
effective. Just tricky to seal at the ends.

They did use pop rivets though instead of the normal, all-purpose, rural
fasteners - roofing nails, fencing wire and binder twine.

GC