Old September 10th 04, 02:18 PM
John Doe

Well if you are looking for an easy flying glider...you
can't go too far wrong with a Discus, it doesn't get
the same rave reviews of handling like the LS4, but
is still one of the nicest gliders I've ever flown
and it is slightly newer without getting into the realm
of Discus 2's, ASW28's and other really expensive modern
German glass.

Barn door airbrakes make field landings easy, decent
enough wheelbrake, launches easy, docile stall, goes
like the clappers and is forgiving of most indescretions
in thermalling.

At 13:06 10 September 2004, Waduino wrote:
I'm still building my experience before buying a first
glider, and from
reading RAS over the past year or so, I've also concluded
that an LS4 would
be a great choice.

Is there a newer model plane that people adore as much
as an LS4 for its
good balance of performance and behaviour?
Thanks.
Waduino.

---

'Jeff Runciman' wrote in message
Thank you again for your advise. Any more thoughts
on the LS4? Any concerns with the age? What should
I pay for one? And are there any flying groups for
the LS4? Thank you again and I hope I can contribute
to the group as I go along.

Jeff