Old August 27th 06, 06:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jake Brodsky

Default "We're with the FAA"

Newps wrote:

Michelle P wrote:

If you are part 91 you can politely refuse. Fly away.....

Let me know when you do that, I'd like to sit on the ramp and watch.

If I were flying VFR to burn holes in the sky on a pretty day, I doubt
this sort of thing would work in my favor.

However, if I had filed an IFR flight plan, and I knew that weather
conditions were deteriorating, I'd ask them to keep things short and
sweet. There is no sense in getting rude here unless they develop a
'tude.

I think my example above is a good reason to "fly away" as Michelle
says. I'm sure it's precisely the sort of situation that the writers of
these regulations had in mind.

Jake Brodsky