Old November 10th 15, 03:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Indrek[_7_]

Default Udvar hazy Batch 1 [01/53] - Udvar Hazy Batch 1 Index1.jpg (0/1)

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in message
On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 19:58:01 -0600, (Indrek)
wrote:

On our way to Florida I decided to make a detour to Washington for a visit
to the Udvar Hazy National Air and Space Museum. This museum has a lot of
exhibits and many are positioned very close together making it difficult
to get unobstructed shots. Also the museum does not allow the use of a
tripod so I had to resort to High ISO and wide open aperture. Even then I
could not get better than 1/30 second exposures without unacceptable
noise. Thank goodness for lens vibration reduction. Given these conditions
I think the images came out reasonably well. It was certainly well worth
anyone's time to visit.
Cheers,
Indrek Aavisto

Thanks Indrek! Ya done good! Would the museum allow use of a
monopod?

And good to see they are taking care of "my" 307 and Dash 80.

Bob

Thanks for the comments. They don't specifically prohibit monopods, but
since I don't own one, I did not enquire.

The 307 certainly shows evidence of much spit and polish ;-). I had you in
mind when I took images from more angles than I would have ordinarily.

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and
hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series

- H.L. Mencken

---