Old August 30th 03, 11:34 PM
Bruce A. Frank

The money we hand out to the rest of the world (a practice I detest),
even adding in the cost of maintaining bases all over the world is a
very small part of US government expenditures. Welfare and entitlement
programs eat most of the budget.

Craig wrote:

Barnyard BOb -- wrote in message . ..
++++++++++++++++++

Don't blame DoD.

Sorry Bob, but this one is straight from the Pentagon without input
from the Oval office....Their reasoning is that it it getting too
expensive to staff the war and still pay for everything else. Doesn't
matter that they shoot themselves in the feet with bad buy/build
decisions a lot of the time, they just take it out on the duty people.

The only way we are ever going to have enough bucks to really and
truely take care of the vets' needs is when we (collectively the
citizens of the US ) get our act together and force our government to
halt being the open wallet for the rest of the world. I'm not
advocating turning off all the bucks we divy out, but reducing them
and being a bit more selective in where they go.

BTW...Bob, even if we dissagree on some of this stuff, no matter
what, you and all those that have and are serving have my utmost
respect and gratitude for helping keep this country where we can
dissagree and not be executed for it. Thank you very much for your
service.

Craig C.

--
Bruce A. Frank, Editor "Ford 3.8/4.2L Engine and V-6 STOL
Homebuilt Aircraft Newsletter"

While trying to find the time to finish mine.