Old February 25th 07, 08:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

Default Noisy Mecaplex Window

"nimbus" wrote in message
oups.com...
Don't forget also to put vaseline in the trail where the window is
moving. It helps a lot !

The only problem with Vaseline, like grease, it will retain dirt, dust and
sand. If not removed and replaced often, the dirt in the grease will act as
an abrasive to cause rapid wear to sliding surfaces. That's why I
recommended using a Q-tip, wetted with silicone spray, to wipe (lubricate)
and clean the tracks. Since not all silicone spray carriers are created
equal, it's good to test the spray first to be sure it doesn't leave an oily
residue.

Try it! I think you'll find it works as well as Vaseline, and without the
mess. (I'm sure Vaseline is better for other things though, just can't
remember what.)

bumper