Old September 17th 20, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Felt

Adhesive backing sometimes will not hold if temperatures are high and the material is not under a compression load. I often had problems with sticky-back felt on some wing or tail storage brackets when I was building trailers.. The adhesive would remain stuck to the surface, but the felt would pull away. Especially inside a trailer on hot days with no wing to hold it in place.
Sometimes a relatively heavy application of 3M Super 77 spray would do the trick, but after I started producing the WingRigger line, I became a convert to Gorilla Glue. Except when I have to remove it. Then I hate the stuff. But it's a pretty good recommendation for the adhesive qualities.