Old February 17th 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default extra GA traffic noticed

Steve Foley writes:

Noise is not "created", it's "produced".

The two terms are synonymous.

Matter and Energy cannot be created or destroyed. Sound is a form of energy,
simply converted from another form of energy.

No. Sound is a pressure gradient that moves over time.

I don't remember the exact definition of noise, vs sound, but the sound made
by small aircraft is more like music than noise to me.

All audible noise is sound, but not all sound is noise.

Small aircraft are unusually noisy, compared to their larger cousins. I
believe it comes mostly from propellers, especially when their blade tips
approach transonic speeds, and from engines, which don't seem to have much in
the way of noise-muffling equipment.