Old January 6th 11, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair[_2_]

Default Final glide

On Dec 27 2010, 2:28*pm, ppp1
wrote:
Fellow aviator Ilmari Rintasalo flew his last flight on Christmas eve
in Corowa. Hitting the powerlines after take of with his ASW-22BLE.
RIP.

I do a quick check of the spoilers at 1000 feet as I raise the gear,
just swing my head left and right to make sure there isn't anything
sticking out of the wing. Locked spoilers have been known to pop open.
They should have a noticeable over-center clicking action as several
pounds of force is applied in closing. If your ship doesn't, have them
checked.
JJ