Old March 17th 13, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Aircraft takes off with no pilot...because of wind.

On 3/16/2013 11:42 PM, Chris Rollings wrote:
At 02:25 17 March 2013, Jeremy Keeling wrote:

I don't think the aircraft is a model haha, look at the relative size of
everything around it.
It seems to me that the CCTV camera would be looking towards an aircraft
parking area maybe? Or perhaps the other aircraft that were there had
already been tossed over and the person fetched his camera to catch the
last one...I dunno.

Up elevator only matters on a nose-wheel aircraft. Most empty gliders sit
with the tail-wheel or skid on the ground so elevator position is almost
irrelevant.

The comparable glider errors I see are leaving the tail dolly attached
to an unattended, unsecured glider; not putting the flaps into full
negative; and not turning the glider perpendicular to the wind.

email me)