Old August 8th 08, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Ka-6 Rigging

On Aug 5, 9:41 am, vontresc wrote:
Well I finally got out in my (new to me anyways) Ka-6 the other day,
and I was wondering if anyone out there has some tips to make
assembling it any easier. Ideally I'd like to get to a system where I
wouldn't have to bother fellow club members too much for help. I
figure as long as I keep the beer fridge stocked with good beer, I
might keep my fellow member happy enough to continue helping me
rig :-)

Peter

I've assembled my k6e for 8 years and found that concise instructions
to the wing tip holder, a wing tip stand and an additional stand near
the fuselage to stage the wing root is about as quick as it gets.
Consider raising the wing tip at the same time you bring the root onto
the fuselage, keep all the pins well greased, and use a third pair of
hands on a windy day. Finally, you can complete a critical assembly
check and a positive control check in just a moment or two with the
same help. All of this has never been a bother; help has always been
gracious and it's safe too.