Old April 18th 14, 11:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Chaplin

Default UK1 E8630 Vickers Vimy to G-EAOU.jpg - 1 attachment

y wrote in
:

It is hard for me to think of how much courage it would have taken to
climb into one of these, and attempt to fly it. Just think of what
could happen if the nose skid caught on something during take off or
landing.

Steve Fossett re-enacted the flight as Alcock and Brown in 2005. He did one
of his test flights through Ottawa. This is the aircraft (With diesel
engines, if I recall correctly) at Rockcliffe in the hangar of the National
Aeronautical Collection where it had put down for the night.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO