Old May 6th 05, 04:01 AM
Peter R.

Michael wrote:

I think that's pretty much the point. This is the reality of most
accidents. The pilot is qualified (at least on paper) and there are no
red flags likel buzzing, running out of fuel, drugs, alcohol, or a
blatant mistake or disregard for the regulations. There is simple
mishandling of the airplane in the takeoff/climb or approach/landing
phase of flight. That's what accounts for most accidents and
fatalities.

Good point. I never thought of an accident record devoid of "really
disturbing" as being "really disturbing," but this logic does makes sense.

--
Peter