Old May 1st 04, 01:49 PM

Roy Smith wrote:

I've already added "OK, can you give us an initial vector while we get
the box set up?" to my ATC vocabulary :-)

The devices work better on a trip than in a local training environment where you
are trying to do multiple approaches. On a trip, you usually have a routing, then
are given an IAP, and that transition is fairly simple once the particular device
is mastered; especially a well designed device such as the CNX-80 or the Garmin
530. Trouble comes, though, when trying to be adept at both such devices.