Old September 7th 18, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

Default Too many accidents

". . . there is a well known and recognized, fundamental reason for glider (all aviation) accidents. And that is, a demonstrable lack of knowledge.

Tom:
We can only wish that it were just so simple - that we could buy and study some book(s) and pass some silly test and know we are "safe".

Think of Helmut Reichman, Klaus Holighaus , Bill Ivans and many other masters of our sport that are gone. Did they have a "demonstrable lack of knowledge"? I do not pretend to have the answers to the difficult question of the cause of fatal accidents in our sport. But I distrust those who say that they do have it.
ROY