Old July 10th 20, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike

Default Is teflon safe to use under mylar tape wing seals?

I have applied some teflon spray with a brush into the canopy sliding window rails with good result. Now I'm wondering whether I could use it in the same way under the mylar tape on the wings to reduce friction and ease forces on the ailerons. Any thoughts if and how it reacts with gelcoat/glass fiber/carbon fiber structure? I am cautioned by the common knowledge about negative influence silicon may have on composites. Is there any similarity?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience, if any.

Tom BravoMike