Old July 16th 19, 08:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default Flarm / Oudie issues

Contest ID not showing is unlikely an issue with the powerflarm but with your display. Since most complaints are about the Oudie I suspect the issue is with the Oudie, or the flarmnet file (wrong format perhaps)?
I don’t have these issues with latest firmwares neither in Xcsoar nor LX9000. The only contest ID not showing is for those which have yet to enter their info on flarmnet (nearly half the pilots apparently find it too challenging).
Reception vary significant between installations, some show up 5 miles while others less than a mile.
If you see someone consistently from more than 5 miles you most likely see their ADSB signal, not flarm signal (the target will look exactly the same in some displays).

Ramy