View Single Post
Old May 7th 20, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike N.
external usenet poster

Default Soaring Contest and Coronavirus

Agreed as well. With a further add on point.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I am not part of the hive mind! I.e. the Borg hive mind of ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, BBC, etc... and yes Fox news.

The reason free speech portion of the 1st amendment was put in place was to allow for dissenting opion.

That right has in a practical practice been eliminated.

I will not get much further into this except to mention that I find it alarming that YouTube has deleted several videos regarding the handling on this pandemic that questioned the practices of social distancing and other overreaching actions taken by both federal and state governments.

Certainly they have e the right to do so as they are not actually a public entity. However it is still alarming to me. When we are afraid to debate or discuss dissenting opinions regardless of the situation we are lesser because of that fear.
I will try to make good common sense decisions to minimize the spread of a pandemic. At the same time I will not live in the fear propagated by the hive "chicken little, the sky is falling" mentality.