Old August 20th 04, 06:38 AM
Peter Gottlieb

I've done that for people (and instructors) with the understanding that they
would recriprocate should I ever be in that situation. People being
friendly and helping each other out.

Besides, there is a "cost" to me, the opportunity cost of my time.

Don't make a habit of it, though.

"Joe Johnson" wrote in message
m...
Last week, as I returned to my rental FBO after an evening local flight,
the
clerk on duty said an instructor and his student were stuck at an airport
about 40 minutes away. I spoke to the instructor on the phone and I
agreed
to fly up and bring them back. He mentioned that, of course, I wouldn't
have to pay for the aircraft time. Did I violate the terms of my PPL by
accepting free time in the airplane as "compensation" for picking them up
and bringing them back? Should I therefore have paid a proportional share
of the costs?