Old July 31st 10, 04:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jon Anderson

Default RIAT 2009

On 7/30/2010 12:38 PM, Indrek Aaviso wrote:

I vote for the Canadian Snowbirds.

Second that. Years ago at the Reno Air Races, I saw both the
Thunderbirds and Snowbirds. The former did a whole lot of high speed
stuff, making lots of noise, and being for all intents and purposes, out
of visual range much of the time.

The Snowbirds by contrast, were vastly more visual and graceful. It must
take great skill to fly such large formations at lower speeds.
I was watching from an open field at what I believe to be the north end
of the runway, directly in line with the runway. The Snowbirds made
several passes where they'd be descending seeming directly at me, then
gently pull up and sweep overhead. Man, what I wouldn't have given for a
good digital camera, or video camera then...

Jon