Old April 3rd 18, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default convert points kml/kmz to cup

On Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 9:45:05 AM UTC-4, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:
At 12:04 03 April 2018, chris wrote:
Does anyone have a reliable way to convert google earth .kml or .kmz to
seeyou .cup file format?

I've tried the GPSBable program but it keeps giving me an error "No Valid
waypoints/routes/tracks translation specified". So apparently it does

not
read the .kml input file, but I can reopen it in google earth and it
appears to be valid.

GPS visualizer seems to make a .gpx file format but SeeYou cannot open

it.
http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/map_input?form=googleearth
Does anyone know what file specifications are needed for SeeYou gpx

input?

Oddly I had this work last week but not this week.

The fact that SeeYou cannot import and export .kml waypoint and track

files is a big lost opportunity.
Chris

I have just used this link:
http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/gpsbabe...w&zip_output=0

This does produce a .CUP file. In the example I used, the Altitudes seemed
odd, but that might be the input file. Remember to use a KML file and not
KMZ.

That worked, thanks. It sure would be easier if SeeYou had native support for additional formats like kml, kmz, sti and stx.