Old April 4th 18, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default convert points kml/kmz to cup

On Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 6:00:06 AM UTC-4, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:
At 22:26 03 April 2018, c wrote:
On Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 9:45:05 AM UTC-4, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:
At 12:04 03 April 2018, chris wrote:
Does anyone have a reliable way to convert google earth .kml or .kmz

seeyou .cup file format?

I've tried the GPSBable program but it keeps giving me an error "No

Valid
waypoints/routes/tracks translation specified". So apparently it does
not
read the .kml input file, but I can reopen it in google earth and it
appears to be valid.

GPS visualizer seems to make a .gpx file format but SeeYou cannot open
it.
http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/map_input?form=googleearth
Does anyone know what file specifications are needed for SeeYou gpx
input?

Oddly I had this work last week but not this week.

The fact that SeeYou cannot import and export .kml waypoint and track
files is a big lost opportunity.
Chris

I have just used this link:

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/gpsbabe...w&zip_output=0

This does produce a .CUP file. In the example I used, the Altitudes

seemed
odd, but that might be the input file. Remember to use a KML file and

not
KMZ.

That worked, thanks. It sure would be easier if SeeYou had native support
for additional formats like kml, kmz, sti and stx.

The Really Great Thing about Standards, is that there are so many to chose
from.

But have you asked Naviter to support these other formats? If you don't
ask, you wont get.

yes i have asked again just yesterday. Naviter has been asked these requests many times over several years and they have it is coming soon, which apparently is measured in decades.

If others would also put in requests for this it would help us all.