Old January 22nd 20, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Good

Default WGC Final Report, John Good

Tijl wrote:

I do disagree however with John on his conclusion: instead of allowing
everything, we should go to even less groundbased support, and stricter
enforcement.

That wasn't really my conclusion. Indeed, I believe limiting (eliminating?) ground-based support has real merit. The important problem - noted by many - is that rules to this effect are essentially impossible to enforce.

A case can be made that the current situation may be the worst choice: some teams have real-time tracking data; many don't. With all its problems, allowing equal access to useful data seems preferable.