Old October 1st 04, 05:14 AM
Mike Noel

I used to fly gliders quite a bit and gap sealing cloth tape is commonly
used on the control surfaces. One day one of the club members landed in the
Grob 2 place and practically kissed the ground when he got out. Part of the
aileron gap sealing tape had started to peal up and it had such an adverse
effect on the handling that the guy thought he was going to die.

--
Regards,
Mike

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/amountainaero/fspic1.html
"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
At Reno, all the Formula One and Sport class racers had every single
non-aerodynamic gap covered with clear tape.

Which got me to thinking, there are LOTS of non-aerodynamic gaps on my
Pathfinder.

The stuff looks like basic, clear packing tape. Anyone used this stuff?

Is
there any benefit at all, or is it one of those "over 200 mph" things,

like
the spoiler on my Mustang?
--
Jay Honeck