Old November 7th 04, 02:51 AM
Vaughn

wrote in message news:Hkfjd.55284$HA.35767@attbi_s01...
I've done the same thing with a 12 volt car battery.
"+" to "+" and "-" to "-". make contact very briefly, just enough to
maybe spark.
Brings them back to life for a while.

A very short while.

I run the Commo shop for a medium sized city government, and deal with over
a thousand portable radios. I have tried the above (zapping) trick, as well as
several expensive gadgets that are supposed to resurect tired nicads. After
years of trying, I have come to the conclusion that a bad nicad is just that, a
bad nicad. Throw it away, buy a new one, get on with your life. Anything you
get over 24 months on a nicad is pure gravy.

Vaughn