Old November 7th 04, 04:13 AM
Kevin

"David Herman" wrote in message news:1099632107.731145@yasure...
I have a Yaesu (now Vertex Standard) Aviator Pro II VX-120 handheld radio.
It's a good, basic unit that has worked flawlessly, it'ss relatively cheap
and is all the technology I need for this. My question is about batteries
and chargers for it.

I have that same radio. When I misplaced the NiCd charger, I was able
to buy a back for the radio that holds regular AA batteries. I use
NiMH rechargable batteries in it, with a 1 hour quick charger. Alas,
I also later found the NiCd charger but since the NiMH batteries are
better, I continue to use them. You may be able to find the regular AA
back somewhere. It holds 6 AA's and has a part number of FBA-25, and
also BA0102600 stamped on it.

--Kevin