Old March 23rd 05, 03:54 AM
19 Star BB 19 Star BB is offline
Junior Member

Question Observation Squadron 7

I am attempting to research the operational history of VO-7 which flew vought/sikorski OS2U Kingfishers and Curtiss SC-1 floatplanes from the fantail cats on both the USS NEW JERSEY(BB-62) and USS IOWA (BB-61) during WWll. I am especially interested in what their squadron insignia looked like if they had one. NAS Pensacola, The Naval Institute, And the Center For Naval History in D.C. have all come up with a big fat goose egg. Can Anybody out there render any help with this?

Last edited by 19 Star BB : March 23rd 05 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Misspelled