Old March 7th 08, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Sliker[_2_]

Default A Call to Arms from Richard VanGrunsven

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 03:48:36 -0800 (PST), stol
wrote:

I agree with the , " harder to have one built for you" concept.. I
have been to several airshows-fly-ins etc, and chat with experimental
owners who sit under the wings of their bought homebuilts and bask in
the glow of,, See what I built crap. Later in the conversation they
usually say " Yeah, Ol Clem up in Montana, Texas, Florida", pick a
state, " did a great job of building my wizbang 200 mph toy. In my
mind they are lying sacks of **** and with this action are poking
their finger in the eyes of the FAA. The intent of experimental /
homebuilts rule was for the " educational and recreational aspect of
the builder, not to see who has the most money.. IMHO.

Ben

I agree, some of the goings on in the homebuilt kit world have been
pushing things past the limit, and putting the whole homebuilt rule in
jepordy. I have no sympathy for Van and his worries of a few customers
that may not buy his kits if they have to do a little more work
putting them together.