Old September 28th 18, 11:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Default Glider crash near Reno yesterday

Le vendredi 28 septembre 2018 10:05:31 UTC+2, a écritÂ*:
Years ago my brother was involved in a midair collision in his ventus. The other glider ran into his elevator jamming it into a full up position. The ship took him for a series of high speed loops with him attempting to eject. The G load prevented the canopy from seperating, my bro was able to get his feet free to kick out the canopy and get over the side. Speaking with him after the fact, he said if he had to do it again, he would have tried to aileron roll so the G load would have ejected him instead of pinning him in the cockpit.

If the glider is looping, you can't decrease the g-loads without the use of the elevator. Putting aileron will just transform it into a barrel row. G-loads are the same, but the wings will break earlier.