Old July 3rd 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Casey Wilson[_1_]

Default NetJets Layoff

"Morgans" wrote in message

wrote

They make me quit, agreeing that it was my idea. I'm quitting because
my job was eliminated, it was not in any way performance related... And
I agree that I can never work for NetJets again in the future.

The lawyers are going to have a field day with this....

Agreed. There is certainly more here, than what is being told, one way or
the other.

I wouldn't mind a nice fat unlawful termination suit being won in my
favor, would you?

And what do you see as "unlawful termination?" Color? Creed? Age?
Gender? Without an explicit contract saying otherwise, any employer can
terminate any employee and do it **WITHOUT** cause. The only thing I see
that might have been unethical was the horsesh... feathers about signing a
voluntary termination note. That released the employer from any obligation
for paying unemployment benefits. While it may have been unethical, it was
NOT illegal.

I feel bad for Joseph and his fellow former NetJets employees, but the
bottom line is: ===nobody is guaranteed a job===

As sad as it may seem that lots of folks are going to be spending a
long hot summer with no income, and as chicken sh...tuff as it may seem, no
legal beagle is going to make a dime unless they can prove color, creed,
age, or gender was involved.
Ask my wife. Several years ago, she worked for a corporation long
enough to top out, pay wise, in her job code. In January of that year, she
received an award for Employee of the Year. In addition to a fancy
certificate and cash bonus, the company gave her a voucher for a week
vacation at a Florida resort. When we got back from Florida the following
May, she found a letter in her in-box that her services were no longer
required. When she found that another person had been hired to do her former
job at less than half the salary, she went to a lawyer --- a friend we've
known for decades. His response was, "....nobody is guaranteed a job."