Old July 3rd 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Stadt

Default NetJets Layoff

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message

I've never worked for NetJets. Someone close to me was.

Honestly, I don't know the legalities where this is involved, and what
the selection criteria was for the layoffs. But I do know that telling
someone 'sign this or you won't get any severance pay' could pretty
easily spawn a legal battle based on duress. The two I know are over
40, so age discrimination could be a factor. One was promoted into a
position then a month or so later that 'position' is eliminated, the
other was relocated from out of state. My reason for posting wasn't to
indicate NetJets did anything illegally.. I'm not that closely involved
in it. I posted it because it sickened me to hear the poor treatment
they (and presumable many others) received.

You are correct. You don't know the legalities involved.

Matt

Nor does he understand the real world. Layoffs are a fact of life and age
is NOT a factor. Anyone that does not plan for the eventuality has only
themselves to blame when the hammer falls and they are left with an empty
bag.