Old March 16th 04, 04:26 PM
vincent p. norris

Peter, you saved me the effort of replying further; your replies
stated essentially what I would have said.

One comment: The reason I asked for the greatest distance between a
GC line and a straight line was that it looked to me, on Kyler's
chart, as though it was never more than a few miles. That would
indirectly indicate the difference between the distance to destination
of the two routes could not be more than a few miles.

I can't remember ever planning a flight of more than a couple hundred
miles that did not involve dodging around one or more restricted areas
or MOAs, so the question about the difference between a straight line
and a GC over a long distance is only of academic interest.

vince norris