Old May 21st 09, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default AN ENGINE FOR HOMEBUILDERS

Great to hear of your improving health Bob. You helped me in the past
and I follow your blog regularly. Thanks for your help and incredible
advice.

Here's an idea I've been working on. Take 2 v-twin industrial engines
in the 20-25 hp range. Place 1 facing forward and 1 facing the rear.
Attach the props at the end of simple long belt (or motorcycle
chain?) psru's and short booms with the engines buried in the fuselage
and cooled by thier original system. The sailplane world and ppg
people have these systems now.

Counter rotating props, stock industrial engines, engines low for
crash protection on pusher UL configurations.

For direct drive applications the old Kolb UL method of 2 little
engines on short beams holds great promise.

One quick question, will a motorcycle chain system work for a prop?