Old February 9th 11, 08:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathon May[_2_]

Default ASW20 or LS6

After the latest from D.G.you would have to be one sandwich short of a
picnic to buy a L.S..

At 14:22 07 February 2011, BruceGreeff wrote:
And if you make a third generation , polyhedral outer panel and blended
winglet like Keith Ashman's A7 - you get a quite competitive 18m ship.

In strong conditions A7 has been able to pretty much match the JS1s -
and that IS saying something...
Not bad for a 20 year old design.

I don't know what could be achieved with the LS6 because I have not seen

any examples of one being modified to the same degree.

Bruce

On 2011/02/06 10:11 PM, T8 wrote:
On Feb 6, 1:39 pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
On 2/6/2011 9:54 AM, David Smith wrote:

Memories are funny things Eric, you forgot the LS6 won 4 world

Eric, your observations leave out what (second generation) winglets do
for the 20 -- not for the least reason that the original droop tip was
a real aerodynamic dog.

Modern tweaks on the 20B render a surprisingly competitive glider in
15m. Ask UH, it goes.

-Evan Ludeman / T8

--
Bruce Greeff