Old February 2nd 12, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Reitter

Default LXNAV V7 - Reviews?

Has anyone here been using an LXNAV V7 (or an LX Navigation 1606/166)
and can give some hands-on experience with this new vario (and sensor
array)?

The V7 is so new that there is precious little out there beyond mostly
worthless unpacking videos on Youtube and some specs and opinions from
those running soaring supply shops, but I hope that some folks flying
the southern hemisphere would be able to comment on it in actual use.

My anticipated use case would be

Volkslogger - V7 - (Bluetooth) - Dell Streak 5 running XCSoar.

and I would complement it by a somewhat poorly compensated, older PZL
mechanical vario. I would try to use the electronic (ASI/Static
based) compensation rather than TE, but it remains to be seen if the
static ports on my Std Cirrus are good enough.

Comments?